Simpplr is looking for a passionate engineer with a drive to build scalable applications. This is a great
opportunity to join a team responsible for a product that is defining the way companies engage and
connect with their employees. You’ll be working in Gurugram alongside talented and really passionate
engineers, designers, and researchers who are focused on building a world class application, some of
whom are based in other locations. We offer a great working environment and an excellent opportunity
to be part of a dynamic and rapidly scaling product organization.
What you’ll do:
● Manage Dev/Test/UAT/Prod environments
● Point of contact during non working hours for site reliability on a rotational basis to manage,
prioritize, troubleshoot and resolve business critical incidents.
● Set up, monitor and manage highly available, fault tolerant microservices and serverless
● Implement and improve security of the infrastructure, application, services and reduce attack
● Implement disaster recovery plans.
● Improving services’ operational MTT(R/F/D) metrics like mean time to recovery, failure,
● Write/Review infrastructure as code (IaaC) every day in addition to pairing with team members
on functional and nonfunctional requirements.
● Ensure IaaC is thoroughly tested and that all features meet quality checks before deployment.
● Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Architecture, Testing, Product, Mobile, DevOps, Data
Science, Data Engineering etc.) to execute the DevSecOps feature roadmap.
● Deliver product/feature/module in a global team environment with members working remotely
in various time zones and locations
● Contribute to the constant improvement of practices and processes in the team.
● Research new technologies and tools and share your learning with the rest of the team.
● Provide mentoring and guidance to the team members & deliver technical training's & tech-talks
What makes you a great fit for our team:
● 5+ years of overall experience with at least 2+ years of experience with AWS
● AWS Certified “SysOps Administrator” or “DevOps Engineer - Professional” is a must
● Experience automating CICD release pipelines using Jenkins and Groovy.
● Excellent knowledge of Shell Scripting
● Hands-on experience with either Python or Nodejs
● Must have written production grade AWS IaaC in Cloudformation.
● Hands-on experience with immutable configuration management tools such as Ansible or
● Hands-on knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container
orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
● Hands-on experience with load-balancers, DNS, nginx (reverse) proxy, service discovery, AWS
Route53, AWS CloudMap, AWS EFS/NFS.
● Experience in cloud monitoring tools like Prometheus/Grafana/AWS CloudWatch/New Relic or
● Ability to work on multiple business demands, successfully handle ambiguity, prioritize and
deliver in a timely manner with high standards
● You have excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both
executive-level discussions as well as technical deep dives
● Ability to lead by an example and operate in an environment promoting diversity, inclusion and
Good to have:
● Certified Kubernetes Administrator/Developer
● Experience managing production grade Kubernetes Cluster
● Experience setting up tools like nexus/jfrog artifactory, sonarqube, jenkins, spinnaker.
● Experience in setting up, monitoring and managing clusters of NoSQL (eg. Redis, Cassandra)
& Messaging Middleware (Kafka)
● Experience with AWS CDK
Simpplr is the modern employee intranet that helps companies connect and engage employees across the enterprise. The Simpplr platform helps employees better communicate with co-workers, find information, and transfer knowledge. Simpplr was built to help businesses not only create an immersive and inspiring digital workplace but also to reinforce their unique culture. We aim to break the barriers of traditional work environments to deliver a better workplace, anywhere.
Our customers are organizations that care deeply about their employees and company culture, we’re proud to work with the likes of Workday, Fox, DocuSign, Eurostar, AAA, Splunk, AppDynamics and Columbia University.
Check out the great things our customers say about us on Salesforce’s AppExchange, G2Crowd and Capterra:
Simpplr is headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures.
Simpplr has been selected a leader in The Forrester Wave: Intranet Platforms, Q2 2020 and has been regularly getting awards and recognition not just for its innovative solution but also for its UX/ UI.
Here is a quick 3 minute introduction of what Simpplr is:
To know more about us, please visit us at https://www.simpplr.com/
We’re a very people focused startup and we strive for an open and transparent culture. We value those able to push themselves and empower their fellow teammates, whilst keeping a relaxed working environment. Simpplr provides a competitive compensation package along with medical and accidental insurance. We believe in work-life integration and offer a flexible work environment. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Simpplr an incredible place to work.
It’s really important to us to celebrate our successes, so we have lots of team meals and outings too. In short, we’ll make sure you love working at Simpplr. Check out our Glassdoor rating here: Simpplr on Glassdoor