We’re looking for an experienced Data Architect to lead our data analytics and visualization
team to help generate valuable insights for our customers and our product. This role will be a
very hands-on role and you will be responsible for all aspects of the architecture, security and
scalability of the new data platform for analytics, ML, and visualization applications.
● Interface with data scientists/analysts, product managers, and business stakeholders to
understand data needs and help build data products that scale across the company
● Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in
production that are scalable, secure and highly available
● Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
● Write/Review code in addition to pairing with team members on functional and
nonfunctional requirements and spread design philosophy, goals and improvements to
code quality across the team
● Identify and confirm technical design risks, and develop mitigating approaches, judge the
tradeoffs with technology and feasibility and make choices that fit the constraints of the
● Demonstrates comprehensive decision-making authority over technical issues, project
policies, standards, and strategies
● A/B Test: Analyze, consolidate, and present test results. Uncover friction points to
continuously iterate and improve products or features
● Provide guidance and mentor other team members, including new hires
Desired Skills and Experience
● 7+ years overall experience, with minimum 2+ years in data visualization or ML, with
● Experience working with both SQL and No-SQL databases, data visualization
technologies and cloud infrastructure platforms
● Experience with large-scale data analysis, data-mining, and business intelligence
● Knowledge of data conversion strategy, capturing data, creating source to target
definitions for ETL/ data flow process, data quality, and database management
● Proven deep technical expertise and hands-on involvement in designing, architecting
and executing large scale cloud solutions for data analytics and other complementary
services like compute, workflow and serverless
● Strong experience in Agile methodology and ability to deliver in a global team
environment with members working remotely in various time zones
● Have excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both
executive-level discussions as well as technical deep dives
● Lead by an example and operate in an environment promoting diversity, inclusion and
● A/B testing experience with SaaS is a plus.
Simpplr is today’s modern employee intranet. We make it possible for businesses to not only create an immersive and inspiring digital workplace but also connect, align, and engage their entire workforce across the enterprise. We aim to break the barriers of traditional work environments to deliver a better workplace, anywhere.
Simpplr is trusted by leading brands including Workday, UKG, AAA, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, DocuSign, Eurostar, and Columbia University to engage their employees by streamlining internal communications and forging employee connections. Our overarching goal is to be a company that is loved by its employees, customers, and investors. Simpplr’s year-over-year growth rate and Glassdoor ratings illustrate our success.
Check out the great things our customers say about us on Salesforce’s AppExchange, G2Crowd and Capterra:
Simpplr is headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures.
Simpplr has been selected a leader in The Forrester Wave: Intranet Platforms, Q2 2020 and has been regularly getting awards and recognition not just for its innovative solution but also for its UX/ UI.
Here is a quick 3 minute introduction of what Simpplr is:
To know more about us, please visit us at https://www.simpplr.com/
We’re a very people focused startup and we strive for an open and transparent culture. We value those able to push themselves and empower their fellow teammates, whilst keeping a relaxed working environment. Simpplr provides a competitive compensation package along with medical and accidental insurance. We believe in work-life integration and offer a flexible work environment. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Simpplr an incredible place to work.
It’s really important to us to celebrate our successes, so we have lots of team meals and outings too. In short, we’ll make sure you love working at Simpplr. Check out our Glassdoor rating here: Simpplr on Glassdoor